Using EbscoHost in Political Science Complete
The Political Science Complete database offers a great opportunity to manage your research. You can place articles into a folder, save your searches, and create notes about your research. The information remains in a folder indefinitely so you can access it any time. You can create multiple folders for different research projects.
- In the blue tool bar, click on "Sign In"
- You will need to "Create an Account" the first time which only takes a minute or two.
- When viewing citations, click the "Add to Folder" button.
- Click on "Search History" located just under the search form
- Click "Save Searches / Alerts"
- Name your search and save
How to Cite Your Article:
- Click on "Cite" on the right side of the screen.
- Choose your preferred format
- Cut & paste the citation into your bibliography. CAUTION: Sometimes there are errors so make sure you check the citation for accuracy.
- When viewing a citation, click on the "Create Note" link on the right side of the page.
Retrieving Articles & Searches:
- Click on "Folder" in the blue tool bar. In addition to a list of your articles, you will get these links on the left side of the page:
The Library subscribes to over 60 Ebsco databases. My EbscoHost is available in all of them.
Bibliographic Citation Software
The Library subscribes to RefWorks which is one of the more popular products. This allows you to format your citations, insert citation information as you write your paper, etc. If you need assistance, the RefWorks FAQ is available here.
Page last updated on June 22, 2020