Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Library Home Page
Databases, catalog, interlibrary loan, LINK+...
- OSCAR - Library Catalog
Find books, videos, journals/magazines, etc.
- A-Z Databases
You can also browse the list by subject.
- Ask a Librarian
Get help from a librarian by texting, IM, email, or make an appointment.
Link back to your course syllabus, readings, etc.
- Google Scholar
Link to article's available through the SCU library and other sources.
Using EbscoHost in Political Science Complete
The Political Science Complete database offers a great opportunity to manage your research. You can place articles into a folder, save your searches, and create notes about your research. The information remains in a folder indefinitely so you can access it any time. You can create multiple folders for different research projects.
- In the blue tool bar, click on "Sign In"
- You will need to "Sign Up" the first time which only takes a minute or two.
- When viewing citations, click the "Add to Folder" button.
- Click on "Search History" located just under the search form
- Click "Save Searches / Alerts"
- Name your search and save
How to Cite Your Article:
- Click on "Cite" on the right side of the screen.
- Choose your preferred format
- Cut & paste the citation into your bibliography. CAUTION: Sometimes there are errors so make sure you check the citation for accuracy.
- When viewing a citation, click on the "Create Note" link on the right side of the page.
- The URL at the top of the page is temporary. If you want a permanent link, use this option.
Retrieving Articles & Searches:
- Click on "Folder" in the blue tool bar. In addition to a list of your articles, you will get these links on the left side of the page:
The Library subscribes to over 60 Ebsco databases. My EbscoHost is available in all of them.
Page last updated on Sept. 16, 2022
Get Help 24/7
24/7 Research Help is Available
Our chat service is offline.