Citing Your Sources
I have never met anyone who jumps up and down with joy when it comes to creating a bibliography. This tip might though!
- On the right side of the screen, click on Cite
- Choose the APA format
- Cut & paste the citation into your bibliography. Caution: Sometimes there are errors, so make sure you check the citation for accuracy.
- If necessary, modify the font and size to be consistent with the rest of your paper.
Using EbscoHost in PsycINFO
The PsycINFO database offers a great opportunity to manage your research. You can place articles into a folder, save your searches, and create notes about your research. The information remains in a folder indefinitely, so you can access it any time. You can create multiple folders for different research projects.
- In the blue tool bar, click on "Sign In"
- You will need to sign up for an account the first time which only takes a couple of minutes.
- When viewing citations, click the "Add to Folder" button.
- Click on "Search History" located just under the search boxes
- Click "Save Searches / Alerts"
- Name your search and save
- When viewing a citation, click on the "Create Note" link on the right side of the page.
- The URL for the page is a temporary one. If you want a stable link, click on Permalink on the right side of the page. You can embed this link in a paper/presentation or send it to someone.
Retrieving Articles & Searches:
- Click on "Folder" in the blue tool bar. In addition to a list of your articles, you will get these links on the left side of the page:
My EbscoHost is available in over 60 Library databases.
Page last updated on March 14, 2022