In this 60 min session we will look at several resources that will be useful for the research project.
- Guidestar - how to create an account, use the directory and access IRS Form 990 required by IRS for all 501c tax exempt organizations in the U.S.
- Citing sources with the MLA 8th ed., and using the Purdue OWL website, along with a brief review of what plagiarism is and how to avoid it.
- An introduction to Business Source Complete and how to use BSC to find articles about your nonprofit organization and articles relevant to the six best practices of nonprofits.
- Work with government and advocate for policy change, in addition to providing service
- Harness market forces and see business as a powerful partner.
- Create meaningful experiences for individual supporters and convert them into evangelists for the cause.
- Build and nurture nonprofit networks, treating other groups not as competitors for scarce resources but as allies instead.
- Adapt to the changing environment and be as innovative and nimble as they are strategic.
- Share leadership, empowering others to be forces for good.