Working with a partner, answer the following questions and write your brief answers in this padlet.
1. All sources are biased. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why or why not?
2. Each year the Justice Bureau publishes a table showing hate crimes in the United States (see table at left). What criteria do you use to evaluate the credibility of the data?
3. An automotive business publishes information on their website about car emissions. Is this information more or less trustworthy than an educational site (e.g., scu.edu) providing information on this topic? Explain your answer.
4. A news article written by a local reporter is more trustworthy than an article on the same topic written by a newswire (e.g., Associated Press, Reuters) reporter. Do you agree or disagree and why?
5. Information in a news blog should not be trusted because there is no clear demarcation between factual evidence and opinion. Why is this statement true or false?