Finding Articles on your Topic
- Go to the Library Homepage https://www.scu.edu/library and click on the Databases tab.
- Go to the Library's A-Z Databases list or choose Counseling Psychology from the Browse by Subject drop down menu.
- If searching from off-campus, you will need to input your name and password to use any library database.
Best Psychology Databases Are:
Getting the Full-Text of Articles
You have 4 options for getting the full-text of an article:
1. The database you are using has the full-text article. Just click on the link (pdf version is better).
2. If not, click on FindIt@SCU Libraries:
- Is the article available in another database (e.g., JSTOR, OmniFile)? If so, click on the link and follow the citation information (volume, issue number, date of publication, etc.)
- Does the library have this journal in print? It is possible the library has the journal, but not the year you need. The print collection is shrinking as we move toward electronic access.
3. If none of the above work, you can request the article from another library via Interlibrary Loan. If another library can send the article electronically, this usually takes 1-2 business days.
Page created on January 10, 2019