Images courtesy of flickr users (in order of appearance): Federico Piras; Ronald Zwanenberg; Scott Robinson; Maltesen; Sebastia Giralt; & Cau Napoli Collectivo.
Part 1: Topic Development
Access the worksheet for this exercise here.
Part 2: Developing Keywords & Finding Sources
Working with your topic:
1. Identify the keywords from the research statement you just developed..
2. Using the "Background Information" tab on this guide, find and read one encyclopedia entry on your topic.
4. Revisit your keywords and add any additional terms you might use.
5. Select a database that you feel might provide you with useful articles on your topic using the "Find Articles" tab on this guide. Try the following in your selected database.
6. Try finding images related to your topic on the "Finding Images" tab.